Keith / 19 Longest 'M M' s / RE: (TV) Pull Down the Future

Keith should take a bow for "Pull Down The Future".

Here's what he had to say several years ago:

"This is a compilation: my ultimate Verlaine show, if you like (well, at the
moment, anyway).  It consists of shows between 1981 and 2001.  I chose the
tracks because of things I liked in the performances, rather than because
they had the best sound quality, so the sound is variable.  Of course, these
are my favourites and may not be yours, but ....  it does,  however, have
what I feel is the greatest live version of 'Marquee Moon'*, the 20-minute
one from The Ritz, on June 4, 1982, NYC.".

Leo

PS: Speaking of live versions of 'M M'.  About 3 months ago, Deb aka
Postitnote asked on this List about what are the longest live versions of
'M M' (that exist on a recording).

I couldn 't get around to looking into this until a week ago, but if anyone
(besides Deb) is still interested I will post an e-mail to this List of the
19 longest live versions of 'M M' (with some details).  The number is 19
because I only considered versions that are 15 minutes or longer.  My times
given are the song-lengths (and not track-lengths); they *only include the
song itsel* and exclude any pre-song tuning-up, and any pre or post audience
applause.