RE: (TV) Peel Sessions?/Television

peel was a big beefheartt fan which is why he would have made the effort with
them. I'm pretty sure that little johnny jewel was played on his "punk"
special in late 76 where the damneds first radio session got an airing
although I dont have it to hand at the moment. I'm guessing its just harder to
organise these things when its an "out of the country band".

Which reminds me of a something else - I've asked this before but does anyone
have a recording of the last night in London of the Only Ones set from the
only ones/television tour ? Its specifically the encores I'm looking for. The
Only Ones are - fingers crossed, only one gig confirmed at the moment, but it
sounds like things are going ok - back again.

John Peel Punk Special, December 10, 1976 (Remaster)

Peel devotes a program to the emerging punk rock movement. Session guests: The
Damned.

MP3, 192Kbps
Duration: 1 hour approx.

N.B. The version of this I received had the track markers in odd places and
the middle of the Pere Ubu track "Final Solution" missing, presumably because
of a tape flip. This version is my attempt to put the trackmarkers in
reasonably logical places, and to reinstate the full version of "Final
Solution".

No Peel links were harmed in the making of this reconstruction.

Tracklisting:

The Damned - So Messed Up (Peel Session)
The Seeds - Pushing Too Hard
Iggy and the Stooges - Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell
Eddie and the Hotrods - Horseplay (Wearier of the Schmaltz)
The Damned - Neat Neat Neat (Peel Session)
Richard Hell and the Voidoids - Blank Generation (E.P. version)
Television - Little Johnny Jewel Pt. 1
Tuff Darts - Slash
Pere Ubu - Final Solution
The Damned - New Rose (Peel Session)
Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the U.K.
The Fast - Boys Will Be Boys
New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
The Saints - I'm Stranded
The Damned - Stab Your Back (Peel Session)
Shadows of Knight - Light Bulb Blues
Ramones - California Sun
Ramones - I Don't Want to Walk Around With You

> Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:25:25 -0700
> From: postitnote@sbcglobal.net
> Subject: Re: (TV) Peel Sessions?/Television
> To: tv@obbard.com
>
> I also wondered about Peel being a fan of Television.  I mean, I've never
heard that but he was a lover of good music, so I was thinkin' that the
chances were likely he was.  But unless he'd mentioned them, who knows.

> I was reading Bryan Waterman's book and it blew my mind that he said they
were playing John Peel radio off of the Navajo nation radio station, Arizona.
Who knew that the Navajos listened to such cool stuff out in the middle of the
desert. haha  Way to go...