(TV) WFTF

Could it be that the low gradings in here of "Words from the front" have
something to do with that it's too varied, not in its quality but sonically
and stylish? It's not one of my fave solo albums, and anyway I can't say that
I dislike any of the songs. But the fact is that we have rather sterile,
repetetive, funky opener; then a beautiful pop ballad; then an intricate,
half-epic rock number; followed by a weird, monotonous reggae; then the
really-epic title track; then a tight little rocker; and finally a very long
and very repetitive and monotonous art installation.

I tend to like albums that I sense are conceptually thought out. I can say
that about the two first albums and the two that followed "WFTF"; not "The
Wonder" and not "Songs..." There's no real coherence to be found in "WFTF".
It's more or less good songs, as it happened threwn together on the same
album.

I would add that I think TV deserve some credits for trying to cover new
ground musically on the record. To my ears, it's by far the most experimental
and daring of the solo albums with vocals.

Leif J, Sweden