Re: (TV) WFTF

I don't see why so much fuss about Words from the Front. I consider it one
of my favorite Tom Verlaine albums - maybe not my favorite but up there.
The title song has got to be one of Tom's greatest. Some thoroughly amazing
guitar on that song. A monumental solo in my opinion. Many of the critics
here are not musicians - but this musician loves that record! Days on the
Mountain - is just plain weird and that's what makes it engaging. It's Tom
being a jazzoid musician.The synth stuff is a bit irritating but it's the
irritations that make a pearl glisten and it's the flaws that make a
diamond shine. Present Arrived and Clear it Away are fine songs. Postcard
from Waterloo was never a favorite - Tom's too wistful side makes me
uncomfortable sometimes - but it too has a fantastic guitar solo - with
delicate phrasing,   Attack Again!