 From: postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:58:29 AM
Subject: Re: (TV)
patti in austin (peripheral verlaine content)  (includes UFOs)

On the
recording where he plays the song "UFO", before he starts playing, it sounds
like he says, the cartoon show was called "UFO". Live show from 3-09-75.
Someone should ask Richard Hell about it, I'm sure he would know what Tom was
referring to.

Deb

--- On Thu, 5/2/13, Glenn Cooper
<glennwaynecooper@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Glenn Cooper
<glennwaynecooper@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: (TV) patti in austin (peripheral
verlaine content)  (includes UFOs)
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Date: Thursday, May
2, 2013, 2:23 AM
> Oh and we forgot a couple of very
> obvious ones: "UFO" and
"Saucer Crash".

> Yeah not sure what show he was talking about. Maybe The

Jetsons?

wrote:
> > I don't know about others, but I love the
> space/SciFi/UFO related
lyrics in many of his tunes.  I
> was trying to remember what his ex-gf said
about Tom and
> UFO's.  I think she said she thought he really believed
> in
them, but wasn't positive about that.

> > Hey Glenn, to tie into what you
brought up, you could
> also relate the 'face at the window kept smiling'...as
an
> alien face.  I'm not saying that he's an abductee, but
> he's def had an
interest in the subject.  He also
> mentioned about that little cartoon show
he used to watch
> about UFO's, which I could never figure out what show he
was

Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2013, 8:24 PM
> >> This is going to sound a bit, er,
>
>> "out there", but I've often wondered if
> >> Tom is an alien abductee. I'm
serious. I don't know
> if
> >> anyone else on the
> >> list has studied the
subject of UFOs and alien
> abduction to
> >> any degree, but
> >> I have. For
around 30 years, actually. It is a
> serious topic
> >> as anyone who

truly digs into it will soon discover.

> >> Anyway, Tom seems to have a
fascination with the
> subject,
> >> going back a long
> >> way. Song lyrics
like "Up in the high, high hills,
> with my
> >> floating
> >> friends"; then
in "I Am Daylight" he sings: "It
> sounds
> >> funny, but they kind
> >> of
fly around".

> >> Lots of UFO/space imagery throughout his songs:

'Mars", "The
> >> Rocket", not
> >> to mention the overall sci-fi tone of much
of his
> work.
> >> "Souvenir From A
> >> Dream" is another one that seemingly

> [...]