 From: postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:49:19 AM
Subject: Re: (TV)
Tom and UFO's/SciFi/a little bit country

Yeah, I know others here aren't
too thrilled w/ Tom on acoustic.  But I still enjoy the solo shows.  If you'd
like to listen to a Tom solo show, Bob, I would suggest the one he played @
Slims, in San Fran, June 19.1990.  Again, he seemed like in a great mood and
was joking throughout w/ the audience.  Like Leif said, Tom can be quite a
charming solo performer, sthg people might not pick up on in a Television
show.  He also does that Johnny Cash bit that Leif talked about @ Slims.  It
shows a different side of Tom.  And I remember him talking about listening to
lots of country music when he was touring w/ The Church.  He also mentioned in
that other S.F. show when starting "Stalingrad", that it sounds like it could
have been a Lee Hazelwood song

--- On Tue, 5/7/13, Bob Beatty