 From: leif joley <leifjoley@hotmail.com>
To:
"tv@obbard.com" <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:57:37 AM
Subject: RE: (TV) Tom and UFO's/SciFi

Another thing they proved was that
Verlaine indeed can be a quite charming
stage personality. I can't say
anything about his apparition as an electric
duo with Rip, but in Lund, nearby
Malmv, in '89 or '90 and, especially, in
Copenhagen in '91, he seemed to enjoy
himself very much. In the latter he did
that long Johnny Cash monologue in an
almost stand-up comedian way, or at
least in a Steven Wright-ish way -- not
extremely crowdpleasing or extrovert,
but anyway communicatitive and funny,
something the group shows with either
Television or his own band have never
shown him to be.
Leif J, Sweden

From: glennwaynecooper@gmail.com
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) Tom
and UFO's/SciFi

> One thing the acoustic shows proved to me was that it's
Tom's voice --
> to me, anyway -- that is the main attraction. Don't get me
wrong, Tom is
> far and away my favorite guitarist, but I just love that
strangled yelp

<postitnote@sbcglobal.net>

de mayo de 2013 13:51
> > Asunto: Re: (TV) Tom and UFO's/SciFi

really like
> > the intimacy of the acoustic shows, where Tom seems maybe more
relaxed
and
> > willing to interact w/ the audience members. Plus I like that
period of
shows
> > when he would do that song..."Man in the Backyard".
> > If
I was at a Tom show...I
> > would be calling out for that song.  In this show
here I believe he says
that
> > his room was in the attic, where he would
imagine that someone(a jerk)was
in
> > the backyard.
> >
> > He also plays
that song, "Harmonica Joe" and "A Walk in
> > Beautiful Hell"...I hadn't heard
those before.

> > I guess nowadays if he does a
> > Tom solo show, he
prefers to play w/ Jimmy Rip, which does fill out the
songs
> > a bit.

Deb