 From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
To:
Verlaine List <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:20:41 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) "the fire " video/

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Bob
Beatty <bobjb2002@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> There must a whole lot of
> Jazzmaster &
Jaguar players out there today whose use of them derives
> partly
> or wholly,
directly or indirectly, from Tom having made those once unloved,
> unpopular
guitars semi-famous. Except Tom doesn't play them anymore!

And god knows
they're neither cheap nor unloved these days!  I've only
gotten to play one
once... a legit Jazzmaster, that is, I've logged many
hours on some knockoffs
and a weird humbucker-laden Jag a friend owns...
but it pushed me to some
interesting places.  Despite my TV fascination
I've never owned a classic
configuration single coil electric... weird... I
do love them, I've just never
had the money for a good one, and no interest
in going half ass...