Re: (TV) Tom and UFO's/SciFi/a little bit country

Yeah, I know others here aren't too thrilled w/ Tom on acoustic.  But I still enjoy the solo shows.  If you'd like to listen to a Tom solo show, Bob, I would suggest the one he played @ Slims, in San Fran, June 19.1990.  Again, he seemed like in a great mood and was joking throughout w/ the audience.  Like Leif said, Tom can be quite a charming solo performer, sthg people might not pick up on in a Television show.  He also does that Johnny Cash bit that Leif talked about @ Slims.  It shows a different side of Tom.  And I remember him talking about listening to lots of country music when he was touring w/ The Church.  He also mentioned in that other S.F. show when starting "Stalingrad", that it sounds like it could have been a Lee Hazelwood song