Re: (TV) CBGB movie -

After reading the Dangerous Minds review, & negative commentary here & elsewhere, I think I'll pass on watching the CBGB movie, being pretty sure it will just irritate, so why watch? Good documentaries are much preferable, imo, to supposedly historical docu-dramas such as this, which are likely to misinform, disinform, & distort events. I recall seeing some well researched docs on CBGB, & CBGB bands, a good UK one on Blondie for instance, & one on the Ramones, that were worthwhile, unlike this fictional CBGB movie appears to be. I didn't expect much from the movie to begin with, but it sounds as if it's likely even more of a stinker than anyone expected.

________________________________
 From: Dennis D <dend@nyc.rr.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 1:13:15 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) CBGB movie -

Cartoon(ish) is exactly what I felt when I watched the film.

On 01/10/2013 16:15, eRacerX wrote:
> Tell us how you really feel
Well I wasn't there at the time and I don't know many of the people
shown in the film but I can understand completely where the reviewer's
coming from (man). The film /was/ like a cartoon showcase of lookalike
people miming to the wrong- era songs and, having watched it again, I
got bored well before the Talking Heads love-fest that eventually winds
it up. I'm left wondering who exactly the intended audience for this
film is.