RE: (TV) The hat

Leif (and others?),

I know you probably consider me a long-winded, pretentious ass, but I very
much enjoy your insightful comments on all things Television & Verlaine.

Yes, as you say, 'Persia' has been in Television's set-list for a long time
(since 2003, and Verlaine's since 2001).

RE: >More bothering, however, is the presence of Jimmy Rip's hat in
> recent videos. Television should not be about stage clothing.

Boy, and I thought I was a tough task-master about Television/T.V.!
But I know what you mean about the hat. Everything else being equal I'd
prefer the band had stick to their original "ordinary", non-fashion
Television stage 'personas'.

But at this point, I'll take any performance by Television Mk IV(?) that I
can read-about, download, or see in person (hoping for NYC or Boston in
March 2014).

I don't know if you've listened to 'Torn Curtain' or most of the other
tracks from the DIME recording of their Nov. 7 Athens, Georgia show or not,
but I thought the show was quite good.  Granted, Rip can not duplicate
Richard's solos (especially on '1880 Or So').  I especially liked Verlaine's
Albert King-like guitar-work on 'I'm Gonna Find You'  ...  quite different
from T.V.'s usual style/sound.  I also liked that the band still included a
min-'Swells' at show's beginning, and that Verlaine added a song to the end
of 'Psychotic Reaction' (a beautiful instrumental....I think it's 'L'Etoile
de Mer' ('The Star Of The Sea') from Music For Film.

Last but not least :>) :
Verlaine himself has worn hats in live shows before (true, mostly his Solo
tours): a black beret in Sept 1984 Spanish-tv-studio concert; a Los Angeles
Angels baseball cap! on MTV in 1990, and a truck-driver[?]/baseball-like cap
on "Later With Jools Holland":  1993, BBC tv-Show.

" A powerful, a real fine hat
Cause that's for you
and that's where that's at."

Leo