(TV) The hat

Reports of a well-sounding Television is nice and good, and I wish I was
able to see them, even though I'm suspicious about the choice of unrecord
ed songs. One dating from pre-MM, and the other not exactly new -- I hear
d "Persia" in Berlin 2004, and I believe it had been in shows for some ye
ars already by then. How fresh is that?

More bothering, however, is the presence of Jimmy Rip's hat in recent v
ideos. Television should not be about stage clothing. This is very far from
 the concept, post-Hell days. Television should look like you and me, o
r at least like me. Yes, Tom Verlaine has been seen wearing silly hats in
 promotional photos, but not on-stage. After 40 years, this deviation f
rom norm is a step in the right direction, image-wise? I don't think so.
To me, it's almost Las Vegas, and Television isn't about wearing Las Ve
gas outfits.

Leif J, Prague