Re: (TV) My Revised 'Review' of Nov. 7 Athens, Georgia Recording

His vocals sounded a bit tired on some songs, but I thought his guitar playing was fine. For a while now, his playing has been becoming more abstract. I suspect he just isn't interested in playing long linear solos any more and is more concerned with the kinds of sounds he can get out of the guitar. For me, he still has enough of a sense of musicality that he can do that on a long song and not become boring. I can see how someone else might not agree, though.

As for Jimmy, I thought his solo on 1880 or so was more interesting than any long solos that I've heard from Richard. He's in an unusual situation, since he seems to doing his interpretation of the style Richard developed to fit into a context mainly created by Tom.