Re: (TV) My Revised 'Review' of Nov. 7 Athens, Georgia Recording

________________________________
 I like what you said here.

D.

His vocals sounded a bit tired on some songs, but I thou
ght his guitar playing was fine.  For a while now, his playing has been b
ecoming more abstract. I suspect he just isn't interested in playing long l
inear solos any more and is more concerned with the kinds of sounds he can
get out of the guitar. For me, he still has enough of a sense of musicality
 that he can do that on a long song and not become boring. I can see how so
meone else might not agree, though.

As for Jimmy, I thought his solo o
n 1880 or so was more interesting than any long solos that I've heard from
Richard.  He's in an unusual situation, since he seems to doing his inter
pretation of the style Richard developed to fit into a context mainly creat
ed by Tom.

On 11/17/2013 9:57 PM, Jay Pontrelli wrote:
> It so
unds to me like Tom

> Keith I don't respect anyone on these boards m
ore than you

On Nov 17, 2013, at 5:38 PM, Keith Allison<keith@thewonder.co.uk>  wrote:

>> On 17/11/2013 21:28, Jay Pontrelli wrote:
>>> I was there

 I never said you weren't
>>> It sounded like television
>> I never sai
d it didn't
>>> And Tom was in good spirits
>> I'm sure he was. But it
doesn't sound like he was in good voice.

>> http://www.thewonder.co.uk/
>> "Th
e Wonder - Tom Verlaine, Television&  Stuff"