Re: (TV) More on Breakin' In My Heart': Brazil 2011 ??!!

They never played Verlaine solo stuff when Richard was in the band.
No reason they can't do Breakin in my heart as it was a Television song first and since Richard is no longer in the band they should do it, if they want.
I'll suggest it to them at the gigs this weekend.

________________________________
Great info, as usual Leo.�
� Thanks!

And for me Leo, I wouldn't mind some crossover between som
e of his solo stuff being played at Television shows, but I can see where h
e likes to keep the two things separate.

D.

As Philip once po
inted out, Verlaine never plays any of the songs on his
solo-albums at Te
levision tours.  [Never.]

Whether that's good or bad is in the ey
e of the beholder. (I wish he would
play "Breakin' In My Heart' on the cu
rrent World Tour.)

Leo

PS:  On the other hand, some claim Te
levision played 'Breakin' In My Heart'
once during Television's (Mk III)
short tour of Brazil in July 2011.
**However**, info on set-lists that ap
pear from people not on either of the
Telev. Mailing Lists is notoriously
inaccurate (and I have found numerous
errors on http://www.setlist.fm/st
ats/television-7bd6ae1c.html as well).

From
http://www.setlist.fm/se
tlist/television/2011/beco-203-sao-paulo-brazil-33d3
5c39.html
July 7,
2011, Sao Paulo, Brazil:

Swells/Prove It / Jericho [new song] / Littl
e Johnny Jewel / Glory / The
Fire / Breakin’ In My Heart1 [but th
ere is no recording] / Persia [ but
there is no recording] / The Sea [ bu
t there is no recording] / Marquee Moon
/ Encores:  Venus/(I Can�
��t Get No) Satisfaction

I am very skeptical of the inclusion/clai
m of 'Breakin' In My Heart' for
July 7, 2011.

__________________
_____________
Deb/Postitnote wrote: I would love to hear that on
e too,
always one of his best songs.  I would also love them to do Kingdo

m Come and from the 3rd album, Beauty Trip and In World.  Those done l
ive
are amazing....like at Cat's Cradle, NC 3-2-93 and the Live @ The Aca
demy
recording from '92.  I just love Billy's drums on BT and LLoyd
is amazing
.  Frankly, I never get why that album is so unpopular,
there's so many g
ood songs on it (they're just better live).  I gue
ss it sounds more like
a Tom solo album, even LLoyd mentioned he's not t
oo fond of that album.

And Glenn, I'm not sure when they last playe
d BIMH.

And speaking of
Richard, I noticed that over at his fb page,
many people bought tickets to
the Television shows, thinking that he wou
ld be a part of it.  So they h
ad to announce on there that he would
'not' be touring w/ them since he's n
o longer w/ the group.  Even
though Tom and him don't get along, he must
miss playing w/ them on stag
e, where the magic really happened.

D.

I wish Tom would dust o