Re: (TV) Even fewer words from Verlaine

On Fri, 9 May 2014 20:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com> wrote:

> No one else but me thought it was hilarious that Tom is acting as the band'
> s publicist?

"...plus fellow guitarist Jimmy Rip filling in for Verlaine's original
foil Richard Lloyd..."

Hmmm, I always thought "filling in" implied a short sting while someone
was temporarily away.  Richard's been out of the band for seven years and
isn't coming back.  Television includes Jimmy now and has for all those seven
years.  I wonder if it ever gets to him that he's still not given full member
status in people's (especially reviewer's) minds.

He's a fine guitar player.  I saw him play with Tom at a Music for Films
show and it's clear they work well together.  Yet any time there's a
press piece about the band that mentions the other members, there's always
a bit about Richard being the original guitar player.  Do Who reviews
always mention Kenny Jones filling in for Keith Moon?

Of course, it might be easier if there were actually released material that
featured Jimmy!