From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Keith Allison
Sent: Saturday, 3 January 2015 4:59 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) End-of-year Review

As the people in this group all have impeccable taste I was wondering, looking back on 2014, what are the best things you heard which came out last year?

My particular favourites:
The War on Drugs' album "Lost in the Dream" (at the moment seems to be
on a permanent loop) -     terrific feel and sound.
Chris Forsyth & The Solar Motel Band - "Intensity Ghost" - guitar-led instrumentals, heavily TV-influenced.
Peter Hammill & Gary Lucas' "Other World"
Robert Plant & the Sensational Space Shifters' "Lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar" - (Led Zep reunions? no time, this is much more
interesting.)
Scott Walker & Sunn 0))): "Soused" - you either love Scott Walker or you don't but each release certainly makes you question the relationship.
The Slits' guitarist Viv Albertine's "The Vermilion Border" - really enjoyed her book and this is a kind of soundtrack.
Lucinda Williams' "Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone"

Best TV-related listen - the recording of the June 3 Alcatraz, Milan, Italy show that I uploaded to Dime. Excellent sound quality.

Disappointment of the Year -  Bryan Ferry's "Avonmore" - as I said to Leo, "Why do we keep torturing ourselves with these things just because of what once was?"

Yours?