Re: 'Low' / RE: (TV) Oh fuck! David Bowie R.I.P.

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 09:19:27 +0100
"Per Rosen" <per@ronz.org> wrote:

> He's always been number one for me. Yesterday became a strange day and it w
> ill take some time until I can listen to the new album again, I'm afraid.

I listened to the whole thing yesterday and wept through most of it.  It's a
tougher listen knowing what he was doing now.

I keep reflecting on what a staggering accomplishment and artistic statement
it is for Bowie to have managed his death the way he did, keeping his cancer
a secret, even from friends like Eno, while creating a new look, a new story,
and new music for his fans.  Many people have looked to Bowie for inspiration
over the decades, and now he's shown us inspiration even in death.

I've said for a while now tthat when I die, I want to go out like Joe
Strummer (walk the dog, sit by the fire, close my eyes and gone), but
Bowie has even raised the bar in death, so now I hope I go in a manner
half as classy as Bowie did.