Re: 'Low' / RE: (TV) Oh fuck! David Bowie R.I.P.

The working-to-the-end part reminds me of something that happened a few
years ago, in another community I'm part of. A musician had received a
terminal diagnosis, and wanted to work on his last record.  Steve Albini
tells the story well: http://www.electricalaudio.com/johngrabski.html

Bowie's final statement is far more orchestrated as a cultural moment,
because that's the position he's occupied for decades: someone out ahead
of the rest of us, telling us where we're going. But the two are similar
in the choice of working until the end, and I find both men admirable
for that.

-M

> On Jan 12, 2016, at 8:15 AM, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
>
> I've said for a while now tthat when I die, I want to go out like Joe
> Strummer (walk the dog, sit by the fire, close my eyes and gone), but
> Bowie has even raised the bar in death, so now I hope I go in a manner

> half as classy as Bowie did.

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com | http://onezeromusic.com |
http://snwv.bandcamp.com