Re: (TV) 'The Funniest Thing ' by Tom Verlaine/Who's responsible For Cheap Synths on 'Scientist'?

The production on "Flash Light" is sort of invisible to me as I heard it
when it first came out, and compared to most of what was out there at the
time, well, it had lots of great sounding guitars on it and most other
records of the time... didn't.  The drums, while unpleasingly processed in
retrospect, had at least some degree of live feel and felt like proper
parts of the arrangement.  And all of the songs are great.

In comparison, "The Wonder" sounded thin, anemic and unfinished the first
time I heard it.  *Those* drums sound like simplistic scratch tracks on
demos that were never fleshed out.  Besides which the songs aren't at the
same standard.

As far as Tom aping Cole... I doubt it.  It feels more like he just didn't
want to yell any more.

Just me, though.