RE: Tom Verlaine - first two albums reissued on single CD / Tech Q / John Tobler must die!

Phil wrote a while back:  “..... curious to see if they use the right mix of the debut this time, the first time around!”

My copy of the UK, BGO Records, Cd containing both Tom’s 1st and second solo albums arrived yesterday.

To my ears, Tom’s eponymous 1st solo album has the correct mix; unlike the glaring (albeit temporary) mistake Collector’s Choice made when it re-issued this same album in 2002.  The mix of Dreamtime also appears to be the original 1981 mix, although I haven’t listened to every one of its songs yet.

Technical QUESTION:

The cardboard sleeve/jacket that encases the jewel box (& cd’s accompanying booklet with lyrics & notes) both say:

“AAD. Mastered In Hi-Definition. Audiophile Recording from the Original Master in 2016 by Andrew Thompson of Sound Performance, London.”.

Does this imply that he took the (correct) mix of the original 1979 analogue master tape, and converted/digitalized it to say 96 k samples per sec. with each sample equal to 24 bits, and then subsequently converted this to 44.1 k Hz, 16 bits (i.e., ‘Red Book’ cd)? I.E., does Mastered In Hi-Definition imply an initial conversion to 96 k Hz 24 bits (or maybe even higher)?

When I use Trader’s Little Helper or Audacity to analyze the cd’s tracks, both say 44.1k Hz, 16 bits.

Leo

PS: Extremely disappointed in the liner-notes (10 pages wasted) by UK journalist John Tobler. Incredibly, Tobler spends 3 pages on just Symbolist Paul Verlaine;  1 and a half pages on Velvert Turner & Hendrix!; 1 page on Johnny Thunders, Squeeze, The Dolls, Janis Ian, Shadow Morton, and Peter Perrett; and 1 and half pages on J.D. Daugherty’s 1990s session work!