Re: (TV) greg reviews his review of around

On 5/22/06, Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message
> <68a8ea5e0605220832i6deda080s870c15996aaed579@mail.gmail.com>, Rex
> Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> writes
> >I was wondering if anyone knew who'd done the design myself.  I can't
> >decide if I really really like it (definitely different) or mildly hate
> >it.  I have more thoughts but was just curious if anyone else had
> >strong opinions one way or another...
>
> I think the cover to "Songs..." is great and, in tone, fits right in
> with the album. Full marks to whoever came up with the one.

I like it, to, but I kind of wish the lines were cleaner or looked like the
wood-cut etching that it seems to be.  It's an okay but not great print job
in the front cover; in the back with fewer dpi or less resolution or
whatever in the blown-up detail it looks kinda wrong to me (you should be
able to seem more organic artifacts of the original print, not more blurry
dots from the scanning process) but that's just me, probably.  The image on
"Around", however, looks news-printy to begin with so I don't mind the
blown-up version on the back as much.

One kind of odd thing about both together is how the fonts, spine, and
inside copy totally match, but the inlay trays are totally different from
each other in terms of both the color of the plastic and the texture of the
mold used to make them.

Am I looking too closely?

-Rex

The cover to