Re: (TV) OT: Kids doing King Crimson

We were bad and then sometimes we were actually kind of tuneful. We
called ourselves "Relic" - like after the Pink Floyd album of similar
name. We started out trying to cover songs like
BornToBeWild,GimmeShelter,NeedleAndtheSpoon, but as a three piece (and
later we added a violin playing singing girl), my amplifier , a 12-watt
Fender Princerton Reverb, was too underpowered to get any good
sustain/distortion; and I  played a Fender Mustang, which sucked a lot;
and the drummer was too loud for our cruddy little amps, and the bass
player was into Queen, Rush, Yes and sorto-glam bands like Angel, which,
at the time, I found to be a little foo-fee, even though I liked some of
those bands. We gave up on covers because we didn't feel good enough. So
we just played our own songs. We were an odd band, sort of punk (because
we were still learning a lot) before any of us had heard any punk. Ah,
them 70s.