Re: (TV) What are we listening to?

On 11/29/06, Graham Urquhart <gurquhart@madasafish.com> wrote:

> Pere Ubu - The Tenement Year and Cloudland. (read that Thomas having
> difficulty in getting Fontana to reissue these on CD so caused me to dig
> out my old vinyl copies).

Have been curious about Cloudland lately... it seems to have been
reevaluated a bit (wasn't it kind of dismissed as "too poppy" at its time of
release?)...

I've been listening to a randomized iPod, but have picked up a lot of good
stuff that I missed the first time around lately... Slits, Pop Group, and
related bands of that lineage...  other early postpunk, things I'd missed
because they were out of print or expensive-import-only... so many great
lost bands.  The mind reels.

-Rex