Re: (TV) The List and previous threads

>I don't play guitar like loads of you out there  but, to me, it seems like a
>bit of a pointless exercise--I've got favourites of course(don't suppose I'd
>be on this list if I did'nt) but I can't say who is the greatest. There's so
>many different styles and sounds out there I just don't know how you can
>make comparisons. And I think the recent thread on rhythm players is a case
>in point. How can you compare the prowess of someone that predominantly
>plays rhythm to someone that plays lead and plenty of solos--the latter
>might be more noticeable and flashy--doesn't mean they are better though.
>
>Anyway Richie Blackmore is the best(joke).

    I thought you were serious. I really love Blackmore's playing on the
first
couple of DP LP's. Again, it could be his vibrato that hooked me. A perfect
example is the DP song Lazy, he's got incredible touch and vibrato much like
Jeff Beck(Richard Lloyd's main influence by the way). It's very simple to
compare, you compare vocalists, drummers, cars, sexes, wines, why not
guitarists?
M T C