Re: (TV) Good guitarists, bad bands

>Yes, but did he use Vibrato?
>
>Bye,
>
>Tamsitt

    Not only did/does Beck use a vibrato, but in my opinion, the B E S T
vibrato I've ever heard. He could shake walls, clean out your ears, and
levitate you with one long sustained vibratoed note.

    So as not to take too much of a ribbing with this vibrato thing let me
try to put it in layman's terms for all to understand better where I'm
coming
from. There are guitarists, who like rodeo performers take their guitars for
a ride,
they are the ones who are in command of their instrument, while there are
other
guitarists who let their guitars take them for a ride and cannot control
the instrument. Weak vibratos, and unresolved bad notes are 2 sure signs
of a weak guitarist. Quine and Verlaine are genius at resolving bad notes
so that it sounds as though it was done on purpose and may very well have
been.
I can think of(relax, but won't mention) at least 5 "alternative" guitar
heroes who let their guitars take them for a messy ride. And yet, I am
amazed
at how many people are in awe of such playing. I don't get it. The only
guitar
player that ever did it for me out of that whole scene was J Mascis of
Dinosaur
Jr. He reminded me of Tom Verlaine with the volume of Jimi Hendrix. And if
Steve
Barton and Bob from Translator are a part of the "Alternative" scene, then
they
get my vote of approval as well. Other than that, too many unresolved, weak
vibrato-ed notes for my taste. Now can I be left alone to my vibrato shaken
head?
M T C