(TV) Saturday Night Live

I was watching the retrospective best of last night..."here I come to save the day!!"...and during the short segment they put together for bands from 1970-1979, it occurred to me:  was Television ever asked to appear or was that possibility ever discussed?  Talking Heads, Blondie, etc appeared.  Television was a relatively big thing in NYC 76-78.  ps.  finally saw CBGB this weekend and met Mr. Carlucci as well.  He has a very cool store.  Finally, I have not forgotten about my responsibility to write the tribute for the tribute cd.  I have begun it, have some ideas etc.  I am waiting to hear all the versions in case I want to incorporate some thoughts on them.  Eventually there will be a tribute to post.

Jay