Re: (TV) New XTC

"Michael Carlucci" <michael@recordsnyc.com> wrote:
>     I received an advance copy of the CD from TVT Records. I hadn't heard
> anything of theirs in a long time. So I gave it a spin. As I was listening
> to it I kept thinking, "Oh I've heard this or I know this song. Which we all
> know is impossible because it's a new LP right> Wrong! I heard them all
> before because every track sounded like something else that XTC had don
> before. I feel like some jaded old record guy, but I really feel this way.

Well, if you don't want it, you can always send it off to the address
below :)

On the other hand, I can't imagine that there'd be a Pearl Jam record
I could stand being in the same room as.  Everything about the band,
from Vedder's voice (it has that same fingernails-on-the-chalkboard
effect on me as Robert Plant's) to the completely talentless guitarist
whose name I never bothered to learn completely turns me off.

I once turned on the radio and punched up a station in the middle
of playing a live track I didn't know.  I recall vividly how much
the guitar solo I came in on sucked.  While I am not a great guitar
player, I easily could have done better than the drek coming out of
the speakers.  I wondered if the guitarist was drunk, smacked or both.
Bad notes abounded, almost as if notes were being played at random.
It turned out to be PJ doing Yellow Ledbetter.  It just reaffirmed my
prejudice :)

For my next screed - why I hate Led Zeppelin...