Re: (TV) Ray / Marc /Ziggy

alright, alright...before somebody dies of coniption....i didn't say "who's next"
was a lesser work...merely said it was overrated (a la the beatles in toto)...AND
I SAID IT AS A MERE SIDEBAR....my point being that the who (or townshend) of the
60s thru "who's next" could rank alongside (or maybe even better) beatles &
kinks...
& not to belabor the point, but lennon himself said he'd never have written the
songs he had for "rubber soul" had it not been for dylan's previous pathfinding &
influence.
& george martin was as responsible for all the symphonic pretense of the later
records.
blame george harrison for the sitars & "ragas".

& props to sam for spelling out with detailed conviction why ray davies was so
important.