Re: (TV) Test Patterns, Richard Lloyd

----- Original Message -----
From: "g grant" <grntg@yahoo.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) Test Patterns
perhaps if record  companies would quit releasing albums having one or  two
good tunes while the rest of the cd is pure shit,  places like napster
wouldnt be necessary

Oh, boy, do I ever agree!  I remember hearing "She's So High" by Tal Bachman
and loving it.  Then there were the superlatives plastered all over the
shrink wrap, a few enthusiastic raves in alt.guitar.tab, so I bought the CD
and suffered severe disappointment at the rest.  It's gotten so I'm afraid
to take a chance on any unfamiliar artist anymore.
    Regarding "Alchemy," I'm glad to see someone voice that opinion
regarding the record's production.  Some great songs, but where's the
GUITAR?  I think most of those tunes sound better on "Real Time," despite
what's been posted before about Richard's guitar sound on that record.