Re: [RE: (TV) MM Vinyl v. CD/"5 Miles of You"/Cameron Crowe's"Almost Famous"]

I have to second Mr. Carlucci on this one - maybe the one I have was just
done on a good day, but my CD of Marquee Moon is stunning compared to the
vinyl version; there's so much more there than there is on the record,
although I do lament the loss of the title track fade-out (then again, you
can always turn down your volume control).  And though I resisted for years
before I bought a CD player (it wasn't until a radio station I worked for
had them installed and I heard a back up chorus on a Neil Diamond song, of
all things, that no one had heard before, that I sucumbed) I have to say
that aside from a few marked dissapointments ( the X two-fer from Slash, for
one), they're doing pretty well - have you heard the remastered Byrds CDs?
This vinyl vs. CD debate reminds me of the tubes vs. transistors guitar
camps, and I'll just point out that Richard Lloyd's using a Line 6 Flextone
these days.