Re: (TV) MM Vinyl v. CD; and Lester Bangs

One thing that is interesting about the CD vs. vinyl on MM, is that the song
Marquee Moon fades out on the vinlyl, whereas on the CD the song continues
for another minute and a half and concludes.

I haven't really read much music writing by Cameron Crowe, but I know that
the glory days of Creem were really the high point of rock journalism.  In
his new book,  Richard Meltzer reflects on Lester Bangs, and includes a few
paragraphs on LB and Television.  Bangs didn't like Television.  He admitted
that everybody he knew constantly raved about what an amazing band they were,
but he just didn't get it.  They reminded him of the Grateful Dead.  He also
had some problems with Verlaine.  Something along the lines of thinking that
Verlaine was conceited and full of himself, and even though they'd met
several times, Verlaine always pretended to not know him.  They'd be standing
next to each other and Verlaine would pretend not to see him.  At one point,
an antagonistic Bangs approached Verlaine on the street and asked if Tom knew
who he was.  Apparently Verlaine answered "Yeah, yeah.  You're Lester."

By the way, I thought Jerry Maguire was a hunk of shit, but some of my rock
friends went to a preview of Almost Famous and said it was awesome.

Heath