Re: (TV) What CDs are you listenin' to ?

imagine the political sensibilities of the clash/pistols but
channeled thru everyday experiences (shopping/shoplifting,
radio/rage, romance/disillusionment, etc, etc) with a raw
vibrancy that screams NEW minus the naivete....they use dub,
funk, punk, soul, whatever... to bring their lives to life.
it's amazing shit, maurice.
dennis bovell produced & it's like dub/reggae meets james
chance meets the gang of four meets motown meets yoko ono
meets booker t & mgs.
but it's also all women (for the most part) translating this
stuff (if they even knew half of it) thru their own
immediate lives without all the rock history
trappings...it's really punk in the way you ideally imagine
it being.