(TV) Frank Z...

>The only musician I've heard this happening to is Frank Zappa.

Much as I love Frank and his music (though perhaps not with your
devotion, Joe), one of my fave FZ moments was back in the 70s. He was
playing London and some guy in the audience, jealous because his
girlfriend adored Frank, got up on stage and attacked him. The next
edition of the NME (which in those days was required reading from cover
to cover) had a picture of FZ playing live with the headline, "Finally,
the Fan Hit The Shit!"

(Well, we laughed. Then again we were probable very stoned...)

Keith