Re: (TV) Scenes

hey ken (& all),
here in portland oregon, there's a thriving & abundant indie scene...& it's
not as competitive as it appears when you realize how many goddamn
indie/rock/whatever bands are jockeying for attention...it's a pretty
insular scene (cepting the big names like everclear, dandy warhols,
sleater-kinney, elliott smith....), so lotsa the music doesn't get much
further than the northwest, tho amidst all the usual elliott copycats, indie
genericons, pavement tossoffs (oh yeah, malkmus lives here too), there's
some neat shit happening. (& dead moon are the all-time kings of this
scene...check em out one & all)...
as for my own thing, i've been meaning to get a link to some mp3s from my
band's upcoming debut cd on this list for some time & due to little to no
computer time/access, fear of seeming an exhibitionist/etc., i haven't.
but now you've given me the excuse & opportunity, so...
there's an mp3 page at
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/268/crack_city_rockers.html
& the band's homepage is
http://www.geocities.com/crackcity_2000/CCRfrontpg.html

we're called the crack city rockers & we've been oft compared to tv, tho
we're a lot more ummm..."visceral", let's say...than verlaine et al....
perhaps more on the hell-era end of things.
it's certainly been informed by nyc artists a la VU, patti, hell as well as
slight touches of glam a la bolan, bowie, roxy...
indulge at yr own inclination(s) & if anybody's interested in more, lemme
know...
i appreciate the air time....