Re: (TV) Lloyd: "Real Time" & "Field of Fire" Albums

In message <20010829215248.61910.qmail@web11002.mail.yahoo.com>, Philip
P. Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> writes
>I haven't heard REAL TIME,

It's a curiously "flat" live recording; sounds as if the audience were
dubbed on in the studio (which, I know, they weren't). The Hard Rock,
Stockholm bootleg recording beats Real Time hands down for just about
everything.

>but hearing FIELD OF FIRE as the *first* solo album
>by a member of Television (not including Richard Hell's stuff) really scared me
>off for a while. I vastly prefer ALCHEMY and the stuff on the new LP (which,
>admittedly, I've only heard live) to REAL TIME. FOF just sounds (or, at least
>in my memory, sounded) so un-Television-like.

Yeah, but some of it _rocks_! I prefer it to Alchemy, actually.

K.