Re: (TV) cds vs. vinyl / an objective view

http://www.endino.com/archive/arch2.html

I listened to tapes and CD's for years before even owning a record player. I
thought vinyl snobs were full of shit. I've concluded there's no such thing
as a vinyl snob. A snob is, by definition, someone who looks down on others
for inconsequential distinctions.

A person who prefers vinyl is a person who has listened carefully. Period.
To tell the truth, it doesn't even take much in the way of careful listening
to perceive the difference between the brittle sterility of even the best
CD's against the warmth and presence of a well-maintained record.

Vinyl, and analog recording in general, just sounds better. This is not
faddism, snobbery, being set in old ways, clinging to anachronism. It's not
even a matter of taste.

It's just the truth.

End of story.