PS:
From: OwenGwilliam@cs.com
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 5:56 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
>I think Tom Verlaine is a better songwriter than Barry Manilow,
>and I'm sure everyone on the list (and pretty much every
>rock critic) would agree. But it's not "truth" or "objective".
>It's a matter of taste.

Philosophically, I understand where you're coming
from, Owen, but after seeing Barry on tv Sunday
singing at the Super Bowl I just gotta believe that
somehow, someway it's more than just a matter of taste.

PPS:  Was Edge's guitar on Sunday on the 1st song U-2
performed under-mixed/miked, or was it the lousy sound of my brother's
tv set?