Re: (TV) Tom's solo albums.

> Dreamtime for me is one of the best ever albums and
> gives me the wooglies every time. Thise first few
> stasbbing chords make me think of the MGM banner
> ushering in the most vibrant guitars and drums,
> pummeling home the message for the listener that this
> is no ordinary love song. The cinematic sweeps of
> guitar are not rock cliche or the indulgence of a
> soloist - they are perfectly formed parts of a jigsaw.

One of my earliest Walkman memories: staggering squiffed up 6th Avenue at 2
a.m. playing the raving crescendo of "Down on the Farm" over and over and
over at higher and higher volumes until, nearing satori, my ears gave up and
shut down for the night.

It's been my favorite TV album over the long haul, too, and the jigsaw
metaphor's apt. Hard to believe so few people could create such massive,
interlocking blocks of sound.

t.

--
"Not all of us chose to become ghosts or bastards." -- Vivian Darkbloom