Re: (TV) MM--Another mention in the press

i too held out big hopes for Laverne as a potentially great popstar in the
making at one point, she is/was always so sassy,intelligent and funny-once
heard her
dis the spice girls (when they first appeared) in a tv interview in such a
witheringly sarcastic and offhand way that was pure genius to behold- shame
she had to give it all up (or put it on hold) to be a bloody 'yoof"
presenter though Kenickie were def never much kop musically and always
seemed to be holding her back- she's still very entertaining today all the
same- she recently fronted a solo single with some anonymous dance boffins
backing her which was actually really good top 20 pop fodder but obviously
she's too smart to be dictated to or seduced by record companies in the
longterm who would no doubt try to repackage her as a doe-eyed simpering
blonde to replace the Natalie Imbruglia end of the market....

she's wrong of course about the Clash and Zeppelin but then she's still
young enough to recant and see the errors of her ways in the future.. she
does dig TV though... i mean how cool is that???

to be honest i wouldn't be surprised at all if there is a site (or ten) on
the net about her/Kenickie as they def had a small but devoted
fanbase...whether it'll be there in 25 years time is another thing - will
there be a TV one for that matter :-^ ? i'll be just about ready for the
pension by that point and Leo should have finished the definitive Television
/TV discography too  :-^

R.