Re: (TV) Tom's Sound

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Ferguson"
 I'm currently struggling to clear all the awful metal presets and am trying
> to attain the nearest I can to the sound on tracks like Marquee Moon and
The
> Dreams Dream .
>
> Any tips ?

Not to be sarcastic, but take a guitar with single coil pickups and plug it
into an amp with decent headroom.  The only time I really saw Tom play with
any effects was at last June's show, and he was chiefly using a delay
(Richard, on the other hand, definitely had a slew going up there).  You
might try for some sort of clean boost, but I think the most appropriate
button to use in this case might be "bypass."