RE: (TV) 'growing up in public', It's hard to run when a coat hanger hits you in the knees.

> aside from some great stuff from _transformer_ and
> _coney island
> baby_, his music is either mediocre or bad, IMO. "good Lou"
> only seems good
> within the context of Lou, if that makes sense.
>  >
Absolutely. You're talkin very high standards in production and
musicianship (the Bowie/Ronson work on Transformer is tops), but Iron
maiden? come on, that's just wrong. I can't really argue with this, you
either like him or you don't. I know of many people who don't. I'm not
going to deny his tendency to suck, all the mistakes are there, but I'm
fine with that. I.Maiden (fr'instance) puts a lot of effort into being
'tight' and passes muster with the guys and gals of the 'smoke shed' in my
old high school, but it leaves me cold; I think 'great, you did a real
nice professional job there fellas; here's a gold star to wear on your
muscle tee', whereas the absolute room-clearing mess that is 'Families' or
the bad hangover of 'I Wanna Boogie With You' has me all wide eyed and
goofy. What balls, I think. How insular, I react. How authentically
obtuse, I figure - almost like a giant NYC pretzel that you left in your
knapsack that still has some salt on it for you to lick. Plus I bought all
those albums in the used bin for cheap so no big loss, you know?  Lou is
Lou, if he can't make a good record he can always whore out 'Walk on the
Wild Side' again, like he did for Honda scooters and keep staring at his
navel till the cows come home. He _writes_ about whores, doesn't he?
('Dirty Blvd.' for Gap anyone? 'Do The Ostrich' for Target? I should be
making the big dough). I'm through trying to defend the various 'bad' art
that I admire. Bad? yes. Mediocre? shit I'll take Caroline says-1 over
sting's entire pristine, precious catalog. And he's 60, he's still with us
and, who knows, he may drop one more classic line on down before he
departs to hereafter/125. Maybe he'll learn how to play the guitar or
actually attempt to sing a melody. Let's hope not.

>  to quote Lou himself, after the Velvets, "things go from bad to weird."

"oo-oo-ee - SONofabee" - genius I tell you, GEENYUHHS!