Re: (TV) collector's choice mix

In a message dated 10/16/2002 2:00:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV writes:
> Or was it Verlaine OR the bold and pestering efforts of
> the founder of the Marquee Moon List, aka 'Sir Philip'?

All potential sucking up aside, I think it's pretty clear that our own
beloved founder's questions must have been a major driver here.

I would like to think that Collector's Choice wouldn't just take a tape, burn
CDs and distribute without actually *listening* to it once. My hunch is that
they heard what they heard and shipped it ... implying that they don't
realize there is a difference.

I can easily picture TV or WEA just grabbing the tape off the shelf and
handing it over *without* listening, figuring the producer of the remaster
would signal an alarm if something was wrong.

My guess is that they had no idea there *WAS* a different mix, and thus would
never have noticed. I doubt Tom grabbed up a copy of the new version and
slapped it right on the stereo.

Thus, it took the Philip's efforts to make them realize that something could
be amiss.

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert