Re: (TV) (long OT) Re: bootleg

In message <200302051926.LAA04666@mail.cruzio.com>, Mark G. Ryan <mgryan@cruzio.com> writes
Keith,

So they are bootlegging your art work as well?  That sucks.
If it's any consolation, it looks like whoever did this did
a pretty good job on the layout.

Mark

well, I suppose technically I can't complain 'cos I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say that I never 'borrowed' source material for a graphic from somewhere on the internet. However I never made any money out of using someone else's work. I have a number of sites up at the moment and we all kind of accept that once it's out there someone (anyone) will grab it if it suits them. You can't, in the end, do anything to stop it, only make it more difficult/annoying for the 'thieves'.

But I never bought a TV 'live' recording; never sold one either. On the other hand, I have the feeling that Mr Verlaine wouldn't appreciate the difference between giving live recordings of his music to people and selling them.
--
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk