Re: (TV) I've got the e-bay buyer blues

At 10:40 PM -0800 2/5/03, Mark G. Ryan wrote:
Speaking of which, wonder if Tom Verlaine still owns that Matchless amp,
now that Matchless is out of business?

I'm not sure if he ever did own one. I know the one he used for the Columbus film soundtracks show was a loaner. And while he used a Matchless in Chicago, his guitar was a rental--if he wasn't in the mood to tote a guitar, it seems unlikely that he'd lug an amp to the show. Do we have any other reports of him using a Matchless around NYC? (Maybe, but I'm just not aware of any at the moment.)

In any event, his tone through the loaner Fender DeVille in December was much, much better than his tone through the Matchless.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/