Re: (TV) Tomas Transtrvmer (was: Raven sucks)

At 10:51 AM +0000 2/14/03, leif joley wrote:
Verlaine repeatedly over the years has claimed a poet from my county to be one of his main influences in lyric-writing - Tomas Transtrvmer. Has anyone read him?

This is totally new to me. Now you have me intrigued! Any recommendations about where to start with him?

The Swedish alphabet has three more letters than the English one (e, d, v), which doubtlessly make our language much more richer than yours.

I was always fond of the o with the slash through it--even better than umlauts, although I have no idea how to pronounce it.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/