Re: (TV) more OT, but guitar

In a message dated 3/7/2003 8:24:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
eracerx@adelphia.net writes:
> This is the first time I have ever seen a tribute album where a contributor
> was dead before the subject of the tribute.
>
> George Harrison - Tribute: Songs From The Material World
> Great, major label tribute to George Harrison. Check these songs:
> 1. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Todd Rundgren
> 2. Devil's Radio - Masters of Reality
> 3. I, Me, Mine - Marc Ford
> 4. Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) - Dave Davies
> 5. Here Comes The Sun - John Entwistle
> 6. Within You, Without You - Big Head Todd and The Monsters
> 7. Savoy Truffle - They Might Be Giants
> 8. I Want To Tell You - The Smithereens
> 9. Old Brown Shoe - Leslie West
> 10. Taxman - Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings
> 11. It's All Too Much - Wayne Kramer
> 12. Isn't It A Pity - Jay Bennett/Edward Burch

I'm enjoying the CD, but I was really disappointed by Entwistle's track. He
doesn't sing, and his bass work is not very prominent in the mix. You'd be
hard pressed to know he's on there. Kinda sad since this is likely his last
studio recording.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert