Re: (TV) soundboard vs. audience

> had a very un-tv-like experience last night -- went to
> a robert randolph show, where taping is actually
> _encouraged_.  couple of guys there setting up
> equipment -- audience recordings, no soundboards.
> they come up with fabulous sound; but they also use
> fabulous equipment.

Ween is a VERY taper friendly band. Consequently just about every show
they've done is available, which is cool.
I spent the weekend in New Hope, and was the first non Ween person to hear
their new record, incredible stuff, very dense, layered,
really looking forward to hearing the whole thing, we only had time to
listen to half of it.
I saw Robert Randolph a few years ago at the Lakeside lounge which probably
holds 50 people , great sound. Sort of reminded me of Sly and the Family
Stone with Duane Allman playing slide, at least some of the stuff did. He
had a small band from Brookyln called Sacred Steel.