From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com]On Behalf Of Keith
Allison
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 6:49 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) NME Review

Absolutely - very ugly website too. And Burchill always was a self-
important, talentless loud mouth. Am I the only one here old enough to
remember the NME in its glory days during the 70s when great writers
like Nick Kent, Charles Shaar Murray, Max Bell, Ian McDonald and the
like wrote great pieces about great - and not so great - music(isans)?
Like all the British music papers they got a bit lost when punk arrived
but I remember they recovered and took it seriously more quickly than
the rest - and there was that great Nick Kent review of Marquee Moon in
'77 (transcribed at http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk/nme77.htm for anyone
who hasn't read it).