Re: (TV) a question (seeking heated debate)

Ok my two cents.  I work at a used cd/record store not far from Baltimore,
and have been there since before The Strokes thing started up.  In my
opinion, TV's sales were kinda hurt by The Strokes popularity.  A lot of the
people who would buy Marquee Moon seemed to be attracted to it in large part
because it had the feel of a well kept secret.  When reviewers introduced
the Strokes as a new Television, they unintentionally killed that.
It should be noted that the customer base for my store isn't exactly the
kind that would go for either The Strokes or Television, but still MM was
selling strongly enough before Is This It came out, and now not so much.
However, MM/Adventure sales in other stores in the chain weren't adversely
affected in any way..

P.S. I really love Room on Fire, and This is It..